This post is an attempt at identifying personal patterns to enter a Flow State. The Flow State is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity (source: Wikipedia).
A strong morning routine
Waking up without an alarm clock
Shower, with a gradual shift from hot to cold water
Ginger Tea + Oregano eggs with slices of bread (my favorite breakfast)
Don't drink coffee out of habit (anxiety). Drink it because you enjoy it.
No Internet in the first 2 hours of the day.
Dress well. Never go to war without an armor.
Pick your daily objectives the day before
Identify atomic tasks to validate each objective
Prioritize the objectives (most important first, then the most urgent)
Remember the profound reasons why you are about to work
Answer emails, messages, inquiries etc. once (don't be trapped in an infinite loop of replying/waiting for a reply)
- Chill music
- Plenty of light
- Snacks and tea, coffee if needed
- Don't rethink the tasks, just make
- Cross the tasks on Trello as they are done (reward, feeling of accomplishment)
- Share what is done as soon as possible (reward + accountability, gets you momentum)
- Remove distractions (unneeded tabs, desk, empty cups, notifications, chatter)
- Don't multi-task. Pick a task and don't switch your attention until it's done.
- Wander mindlessly, both online and IRL. Don't strive for productivity.
- Consume content (read a book, watch a movie, attend a course etc.)
- Chit-chat with your loved ones
- Work out
- Party hard
- Go to sleep whenever you feel tired. Sleep well.