Breakdown of why I do what I do and how: link
North Star / purpose statement / WHY
To provide a sustainable future where we can all wake up every day with hope and purpose.
Spirit Compass / guiding principles / HOWs
- Sustainability: Project thyself - think long-term.
- Nomadism: Reinvent thyself - push past borders and limitations.
- Community: Share thyself - living better is living together.
- Mastery: Cultivate thyself - look for ways to do and be better.
Projects / WHATs
- Clowdr - A venture studio to empower Catfarm members to drive positive societal changes. (Sustainability, Community, Mastery)
- Circular Web Dev - A book on reinventing how engineers weave the Web to carry humanity forward. (Sustainability, Mastery)
- Sisyphus - Personal writings to make sense of existence. (Mastery)
- Catboat - A sailing boat to heal the world's waters. (Nomadism, Sustainability)
- Les Ambachadeurs - Catfarm's local development team to connect to the land and its inhabitants. (Sustainability, Community)
- Permatelier - A community to share best practices for self-sufficiency. (Sustainability, Community)
- Alternomad - A book on sustainable modern nomadism (Nomadism, Sustainability)
- Ecovillage List - A website listing the world's eco-communities to accelerate the transition toward a greener society (Sustainability, Community, Nomadism)
- Catfarm.net - Catfarm's online platform to shine worldwide. (Sustainability, Community)
- Holon - A Holacracy app to maximize synergy. (Sustainability, Community)
Micro-habits / WHATs
- Work: programming (1 commit a day), writing (200 words a day), reading (30 minutes a day)
- Mental health: exercising (digging, carrying weight, running, hiking, biking, bodyweight training), walking, meditating, journaling, stretching
What are you doing today?
Today I'm <micro-habit> for <project>. I believe it's important because <guiding principles>, which ultimately helps me achieve <purpose>. x5 (x10 on good days)
An article detailing why I do what I do and how: link